Recipe by Little Bee
This cornbread is fabulous served with Chili!
Top Review by Mama2boys
Yummy! Deliciously moist and good flavor. I think I would add sharp cheddar or pepper jack next time, because the cheese flavor gets a little lost among the corn. This recipe is very easy to make and I even was able to just use one bowl, adding all the dry ingredients to the sifter. I'll be making this again! Thanks Little Bee!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained (may use 1/2 if you want it less spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.