Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my brother's friend, Lavon, who lives in Alabama. She's like me (an old fashioned cook).
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 jalapeno peppers (chopped wear gloves or buy the ones already chopped in a jar and guess at 3)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or till done.
I love Mexican cornbread and this recipe is great. The whole family loved it. Thanks for posting.
We loved this recipe. I have always had problems with getting my mexican cornbread to get done in the middle, but this cooked up beautifully. Thanks for the great recipe. Now I have found one that will work for me!!!!