Recipe by Kaccy G.
Another allrecipes find. She says "This has got to be the tastiest and the most moist cornbread I have ever made. It is the most requested thing I cook, so I am sharing it. Don't let the ingredients fool you. It's unbelievable
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was the most delicious cornbread I have ever eaten. I love all of the extra ingredients that gave this bread oomph- the chilies, the cheese, the creamed corn all gave this that something special that took my taste buds over the top. Really moist & flavorful. I checked mine early - it was ready about 5 or so minutes before my buzzer went off. Note:I contacted the recipe poster regarding the missing baking powder(should be 4 tsp) and salt(should be 1/4 tsp) -and she is sending in a correction.
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g can cream-style corn
- 56.69 g canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 1.23 ml salt
- 19.71 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.