Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend from work gave this to my hubby. I don't know where he got it. Put a salad with it and we call it supper, We think it's a 5 star winner! Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced
- 1 lb r.b. rice medium sausage, browned and crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesshredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Mix cornbread per instructions on box.
- Add cream corn, onion and jalapenos.
- Put half of mixture into 9x12 pan.
- Layer sausage and 1 package of cheese.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 400°F for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown. Top with remaining cheese, melt.
- Chow down!
I thought that this recipe was great. It had all the right flavors the only thing I changed was the jalepenos I used green chilis instead.
I've made this for a few years, and it is wonderful with tomato soup for a quick dinner. I omit the jalapeno for my wimpy guys. I use small pans so it's almost like a loaf. You can make this ahead without baking, freeze, then thaw and bake! I do this when I get the ingredients on sale -- two or three at once. Thanks for posting! The nutrition info is skewed, btw, so don't be scared; it makes 8 servings, you can rinse the sausage to get rid of fat and excess sodium, and cut back on the cheese if you wish.
Wonderful!! I make this all the time now...and EVERYONE loves it! Comes out perfect and moist everytime. I like to add a little cheese to the batter, as well as spreading it over the meat. I also use ground turkey (I put a lot of seasoning on it while it's cooking) instead of sausage.