Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
A friend from work gave this to my hubby. I don't know where he got it. Put a salad with it and we call it supper, We think it's a 5 star winner! Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, diced
- 1 lb r.b. rice medium sausage, browned and crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packagesshredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornbread per instructions on box.
- Add cream corn, onion and jalapenos.
- Put half of mixture into 9x12 pan.
- Layer sausage and 1 package of cheese.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 400°F for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown. Top with remaining cheese, melt.
- Chow down!