Recipe by Jami Robin
This is a great savory cornbread. Goes well with my Mexican Black bean soup as well as barbeque dishes.
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style sweet corn
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Generously grease 1 1/2 quart casserole dish (I use non-stick cooking spray).
- In large bowl, combine cheese, buttermilk, oil, eggs, corn, and chiles. Mix well.
- In small bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into greased dish and bake 40-50 minutes until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and serve warm.