Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very moist cornbread. It's easy to make and contains ingredients you probably have on hand. Makes a nice side dish to a mexican meal. I found this recipe online a while back...can't remember where. I have changed it just a little since then to suit my family's tastes. Serving size is approx.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour and spread evenly into baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
This was really good, fast, and easy. Had to use a can of whole kernel corn since that was all I had on hand but I drained the liquid off. Only used 1/2 a can of green chili peppers but next time I make this I think I will omit it. I like a sweeter cornbread versus a spicy one. Although, perhaps using a pepperjack cheese might be better if I omit the green chili peppers. Will make this again, especially since it didn't take that long to cook like most of the other recipes I looked at like this.