Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is great served with any Mexican entree. My family just gobbles this up. Never any left over.
Top Review by Tebo
I do like a moist (as opposed to crumbly) tasty cornbread and this was it. I used skim milk and apple sauce instead of oil plus almost double the cream corn and it was a WOW. Really really good. Thanks NurseDi.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers (mild, hot, or very hot, your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan or 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bread is golden brown and tests done.