Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This great bread is perfect with a big bowl of chili.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 8 or 9 inch square greased pan.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes, or until done.
Only one out of six liked this recipe. It had so much fat in it that the corn bread was very soft. We loved the flavor but not the texture.
My family didn't care for it much. I thought that it was OK. It also took 50 minutes for it to be done in the center not 30 minutes.