Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This crusty, cheesy bread is great with summertime BBQ's or a cold-day soup. Originally from an August 1978 issue of Bon Appetit that featured an article that highlighted fresh corn.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis (canned)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Rinse and drain chilies well.
- Mix all ingredients together, reserving 1/2 cup cheese for sprinkling on top.
- Bake 1 hour, or until set in center.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately with butter.