Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my aunt Rhonda. My family loves this cornbread.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 7 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wesson vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a 10" ungreased iron skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in pan for 30 minutes before removing.
- Note: The directions say to use 1 small can cream corn. You can 1 small jar Cheez Whiz for in place of the grated cheese.