Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is very simple to make and goes well with chili. I also used it to top the Mexicali Casserole submitted to this site by cbrangel and it turned out wonderful--enjoy!
- 1 (4 ounce) canmild chopped chilies
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese (I use a Mexican blend)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- Chop green pepper and onion and place in a small bowl.
- Mix eggs and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir till mixed.
- Add the milk and stir in add the chopped vegetables, chilies, corn, garlic and cheese and stir till mixed.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes or till top is lightly browned.