Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but my family loves it.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- Grease a large black iron skillet and place in a 350 degree oven for at least 15 minutes.
- Saute onion with ground beef and jalapeno pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix corn meal, baking soda, salt, oil, milk, eggs, and corn.
- Pour half of corn meal mixture into heated skillet.
- Layer beef mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Then pour remaining corn meal mixture on top.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.