Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great twist on traditional cornbread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in cream corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.