Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from my MIL, Rachel. She credited her sister, Betty, for this recipe.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Blend remaining ingredients.
- Add dry mixture.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Add cornbread batter and bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Very good and easy to make. Will make this often.