Recipe by Sonya M
I like mexican food and this one is good!
Top Review by Amber Matlock
I made this recipe, except for instead of the corn, I added a can of "Savory Sides" that had pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chilis. This gave it a lot of good flavor. I also used my own taco seasoning. I like this recipe because it was easy to make, and I have most of the ingredients on hand. Plus, it's cheap to make.
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesold elpaso taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups finly chopped lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finly diced onion
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain hamburger.
- add taco sauce by directions on package.
- Drain again.
- Put prepared hamburger in a 8x12 baking dish the layer with drained corn, and shredded cheese.
- prepare jiffy corn bread by insrtuctions on package.
- Spread over cheese.
- bake at 400% until corn bread is well done.
- Turn onto plate with corn bread on bottom of plate top with cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and sour cream.
- Can be turned onto plate as whole or single servings.
- prep time.
- 20 minute cooking time 20 minutes.