Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
It's fresh corn time! This is a delicious soup and can be made ahead and frozen.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Saute onion and corn in butter until tender. Add flour. Cook and stir one minute. Gradually add broth alternating with milk. Heat and stir until thickened.
- Add cheese and chiles. Do not overheat.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and bacon.