Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from some internet website, but not sure which one it was.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- snipped parsley (optional)
- fresh oregano, springs (optional)
- In blender, combine half of the corn and the chicken broth. Cover and blend until nearly smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn puree, remaining corn, chile peppers, butter, garlic, dired oregano, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in milk, chicken, tomatoes, and snipped oregano; heat throughly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- If desired, sprinkle individual servings with snipped parsley and garnish with oregano sprigs.