Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like mother used to make if she was a loving Mexican woman.
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 small chipotle pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Heat the butter in the soup pot. Add the chopped onions, celery, & cilantro and cook in butter until the celery is soft. Add the frozen corn and immediately add a bit of the chicken broth to create some steam. Then add the rest of the broth, the chopped chipotle pepper and the can of creamed corn. Heat through.
- If you're using canned chipotle peppers like I do, just scoop up the tip of a tsp full. This should make it spicy enough. Here's a tip for the rest of the can of chipotle peppers. Just put the unused portion in a container and keep stored in the freezer. The peppers keep a good long time and are always soft enough to use immediately. No thawing.
very nice! I thought it would taste too much of onion, but it wasn't. I left out the chipotle pepper for some of us, and added black pepper to that portion. The little bit of leftovers there were, I added some cooked diced chicken to and it was really tasty. Made for Spring Pick A Chef 09. Thanks for sharing lunch with us!
Yum! This was so very simple and very tasty. Thanks La Gypsy.