Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice addition to a Mexican meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups corn kernels, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a heavy large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, zucchini, green onions and jalapeno pepper.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate vegetables until chilled.
- Add salsa and chopped cilantro to vegetable mixture.
- Stir and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This, as a salad is delicious, but it also makes the basis for a great main course! After step 3, I added a full jar of Newman's Own salsa with black beans, the cilantro, one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with sweet onions and a pound of skinless chicken thighs. Then I let the whole thing simmer for 1/2 hour, turning the chicken several times. Add some rice or mashed potatoes and you have a full meal. Thanks Crabbycakes.
Tastey, zippy salad, went very well with our steak and baked potato. To cut the fat a bit, I used olive oil, used canned peaches and cream niblets and used parsley in place of cilantro, simply because I had no cilantro. Scaled the recipe for 2 and there was still plenty. A nice quick everyday side dish. Thanks for sharing.
We were invited to a BBQ and I wanted something to take that was low maintenance & easy. This was the one! Everyone loved it including the kids. There was none left. Thanks for making me look good with this dish.