Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This easy salad is delicious when made from fresh corn, but for ease or winter using frozen or canned corn bring excellent flavor, too. A great side for your family's "South of the Border" night or Church potluck! Since you are dicing plum tomatoes & red onion, it's a good time to make my Tabasco Guacamole as well. From Parade Magazine.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed or 2 lightly cooked ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled & seeded,cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1⁄3 cup diced red onion (1/4")
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded & cut into 1/4 " dice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley
- Combine all the ingredients except the cilantro in a large bowl.
- Loosely cover the salad and refrigeratefor up to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, toss in the cilantro and serve chilled.