1/2 Photos of Mexican Corn Pie (Pastel de Elote)
1 hr 30 mins
This can be served as a main luncheion dish or as a side dish for dinner. This is great with chilli, or enchilladas, or any mexican dish. Enjoy! Prep time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- shortening, to grease pie plate
- 3 large eggs
- 248.05 g can cream-style corn
- 283.49 g package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 113.39 g sharp cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 113.39 g can chopped mild green chilies
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1Grease a 10 inch pie plate generously with shortening.
- 2In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Pour into pie plate and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour.
- 5The pie may be baked and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 6Reheat refrigerated pie at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 7The pie may also be frozen after baking and kept frozen for up to 3 months.
- 8Thaw and reheat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Corn Pie (Pastel de Elote)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 726.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g