Recipe by keen5
This can be served as a main luncheion dish or as a side dish for dinner. This is great with chilli, or enchilladas, or any mexican dish. Enjoy! Prep time is approximate.
Top Review by EFranklin
This is a very good recipe..exactly as shown in Colorado Cache, Jr League of CO cookbook pg 257. However i found that 1/2 C butter was WAY too much - 1/4 C or even less is just fine. Otherwise too greasy and dont need all that fat anyway! This recipe is always a hit.
- shortening, to grease pie plate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 10 inch pie plate generously with shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into pie plate and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour.
- The pie may be baked and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat refrigerated pie at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- The pie may also be frozen after baking and kept frozen for up to 3 months.
- Thaw and reheat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.