Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The spicy chili powder is a very tasty complement to the sweet corn.
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- salt and black pepper
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove husks and corn silk from corn cobs. Place the corn in the boiling water, cover, and boil until it is just hot, 10 minutes or less.
- While corn is boiling mix together olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove corn from steamer, brush with oil mixture and serve hot.
I didn't put the corn in water. I only mixed the olive oil with red chili powder and brush on the cob and on the barbecue.
This was really good. I usually use butter on the corn but the olive oil was a nice "healthier" touch. For the red chili powder, I used ground Ancho Chili which was rather mild. I think that the seasoned oil would be great on grilled corn as well.