Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These great muffins are a perfect addition to traditional or white chicken chili. I originally created this recipe to go along with a traditional mexican dinner.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained (with peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease a large muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- Mix all ingredients together, blending well.
- Pour into muffin pan (liners) and fill about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes.
Excellent muffins! These were perfect served with ellie's Bean and Sausage Chowder #99651. I was very wary of the lemon juice and nutmeg, but the flavors combined wonderfully. Thanks for sharing the recipe!