Recipe by MadzMom
This is my mom's soup recipe that is requested by my brothers and me at nearly every family get-together. I'm not sure where it originated, but boy is it a popular one! The condiments are key to this recipe, so be sure and mix them all up in the chowder! DELICIOUS! (30 min. prep time includes boiling the chicken)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- cheddar cheese, grated
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- chopped tomato
- diced cooked chicken breast (2 or 3 will do)
- chopped avocado
- bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions and garlic in butter.
- Blend in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and blend in half of corn, chicken broth and parsley and pour into blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Return to pan, add half& half, remaining corn, salt& pepper and oregano.
- Bring to boil over med.
- heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Top with any or all of your condiments- they really make the soup yummy!