Recipe by DaHomeCooker
This is a mild but flavorful Mexican dish. Great served over rice
Top Review by joannarose
Fabulous! I'm always on the look out for tasty low-sodium recipes and this really hit the spot! I used extra lean ground turkey breast in place of hamburger, and a can of unsalted tomatoes. The heavy dose of cumin and the vinegar made a great flavor combination! Will be making this many more times.
- 1 lb hamburger (browned, crumpled)
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes (diced)
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for heat) (optional)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients except sour cream and cheddar to large non-stick frying pan on high.
- Cook on high stirring often to keep from burning.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, reduce to low.
- Add in sour cream and combine.
- Server over rice with cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve Hot sauce on the side to kick it up.