1/1 Photo of Mexican Corn Cakes
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon as it looks like a dish my family would enjoy. I’ll edit the recipe accordingly if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chunky style salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- light sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- 1To make corn cakes, in medium bowl combine corn muffin mix, water and egg until just blended.
- 2Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- 3Grease large nonstick griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat to get pan hot.
- 4Make corn cakes in batches using ¼ cup batter for each one and cooking about 2 minutes on each sides, until golden brown (You should have 12 corncakes total).
- 5In small saucepan stir together black beans, chicken, salsa and cumin.
- 6Cook over low heat just until heated through.
- 7Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 8To serve, place three corn cakes on each plate.
- 9Top with bean and chicken mixture.
- 10Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.4
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 1114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 31.5 g