Recipe by Little Bee
This colorful salad is so easy and refreshing! Its a perfect side dish for Fajitas or Enchilada's. A great salad to make in advance to take to a barbeque or potluck too! Watch it disappear! :) Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by VA
Very good! I made just a few changes; used one can of corn instead of frozen. I also added chopped green onlions and put the whole thing together at once rather than wait to add the cilantro. I didn't have parsley so that was not added. I'm serving this on tostitos for a pre-dinner snack.
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn, black beans and remaining ingredients in medium size bowl, except fresh parsley and cilantro.
- (Salsa can be made 1 day ahead.) Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving and add freshly chopped parsley and cilantro.
- Serving Size: 9.