Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is always extremely popular at potluck meals and picnics. It is best to not add the corn chips until you are serving the salad or they get mushy. If we are eating it at home and know we won't eat the entire dish in one sitting, we add the corn chips to the salad once it is on our plate rather than in the serving dish.
- 425.24 g can corn, drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 118.29 ml sweet onion, diced
- 118.29-236.59 ml red bell pepper, diced (amount to taste)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 283.49 g bagchili cheese flavored corn chips, crushed
- Drain the corn. Drain and rinse the black beans. Combine the both with the onion and red pepper in a bowl. (How much pepper and onion you use is up to your personal taste.)
- Mix in the mayonnaise. Once thoroughly combined, stir in the shredded cheese. (You can also use a shredded Mexican cheese blend if you prefer.).
- Crush the corn chips in the bag. Only add to the salad right before serving.