Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really easy and inexpensive to make. Delicious too!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (or paste)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Combine beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water in a large sauce pan. Add chili powder and garlic powder. Simmer on medium heat for about 45 minutes, or until beans are soft.
- Can be served with sour cream, tortilla chips (or Fritos), and grated cheese.
This is such a quick and easy recipe! The taste is sweet yet tangy, yet OH so good. I wanted a recipe that was easy to make yet was vegetarian. I added one can of diced tomatoes and then added two cut up tomatoes from my garden. I also added an onion and used cayenne pepper instead of the chili powder. It only took me 15 minutes to put everything together. The main reason for taking so long was cutting up the onion and tomatoes! I put this in a crock pot and cooked it on high for an hour, so that I could get the taste of the soup since I am serving it for lunch tomorrow. I am refrigerating it tonight and will cook on low for three hours tomorrow. Even though I already had dinner tonight, I had 1/2 a cup of soup to get the taste of the soup, but I had to go back for more since it was SO good!
I made this in the crock pot last night. It was a quick and easy meal and I plan to make it again. Only complaint it was alittle bland for our liking. Next time I will add more garlic and maybe some red pepper flakes.
When making this recipe I cut WAY BACK on the chili powder, 'cause I figured if I'd wanted chili I'd have worked with a different recipe! That said, this made a tasty soup, one with lots of additional possibilities! I served it as is the first time around, then, as left overs, added some cheese tortellini! Thanks for posting!