Recipe by Katieai
Really easy and inexpensive to make. Delicious too!
Top Review by Efz001 in the Midwest US
This is such a quick and easy recipe! The taste is sweet yet tangy, yet OH so good. I wanted a recipe that was easy to make yet was vegetarian. I added one can of diced tomatoes and then added two cut up tomatoes from my garden. I also added an onion and used cayenne pepper instead of the chili powder. It only took me 15 minutes to put everything together. The main reason for taking so long was cutting up the onion and tomatoes! I put this in a crock pot and cooked it on high for an hour, so that I could get the taste of the soup since I am serving it for lunch tomorrow. I am refrigerating it tonight and will cook on low for three hours tomorrow. Even though I already had dinner tonight, I had 1/2 a cup of soup to get the taste of the soup, but I had to go back for more since it was SO good!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce (or paste)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water in a large sauce pan. Add chili powder and garlic powder. Simmer on medium heat for about 45 minutes, or until beans are soft.
- Can be served with sour cream, tortilla chips (or Fritos), and grated cheese.