Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my sister who is a vegetarian.
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup cold water
- oil, to fry fritters
- Into a large mixing bowl, place red kidney beans, creamed corn, pepper, oregano and cumin powder.
- Sift over the mixing bowl the cornmeal, white flour, baking powder, salt and asafetida powder.
- Mix to combine then slowly add water to make a thick batter.
- Cook spoonfuls of batter in oil heated in a fry pan. Flip when bubbled to cook underside.
- Serve hot with sour cream or tomato salsa.