Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A zingy, zesty corn dish. From the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely minced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon celery, diced
- 3 cups corn, uncooked (fresh is best, but frozen is fine)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil and saute onion until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and pour into a casserole.
- Bake for one hour.