Recipe by Annacia
These nutty butter cookies marry almonds, pecans, vanilla and anise seeds for a blissfully sweet union. Fabulous as kids’ party treats.
Top Review by 2Bleu
I am so glad I reduced this recipe to just 1/2 dozen! They are so good and buttery that we would have gained 10 lbs gobbling them up. lol. I used all almonds for the nuts because at the last minute I found myself out of pecans. I made the 1/2 dozen using a mini food processor and it came out wonderfully. The description from Annacia says it all, a sweet (and buttery) blissful union. These cookies are buttery and crumbly and a definite keeper recipe. Thanks for sharing. :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grind almonds and pecans in food processor, then add butter and continue to grind until smooth.
- Add 1/4 c powdered sugar and vanilla, then mix again.
- Add flour and anise seeds and grind mix until blended.
- After flouring hands, roll the dough into small balls.
- Place them about an inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until brown on the bottom.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then roll the still warm cookies in the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Let cool again, then add more powdered sugar.