Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this online -- simple to put together.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer about 25 minutes.
This is a really wonderful recipe! Warming and delicious for a cold night - it really hit the spot. It was simple to throw together and let simmer while I prepared the rest of the meal. I added some chopped green pepper with the onion and garlic and browned and cooked the chicken directly in the pan with them. I also was unable to find any Mexican-style tomatoes, so I used some regular, no-salt-added diced tomatoes and added some extra chili powder and cumin, as well as a dash of cayenne pepper, to make up for the lack of seasonings on the tomatoes. One minute before serving, I stirred in some fresh chopped cilantro. Thanks for sharing this keeper, and for being such a wonderful hostess in Potluck Tag!