Recipe by safeharb
This recipe started out as "black beans and rice" but evolved one night when I was out of the more classic ingredients for that dish. We're not sure what this is..other than a one-dish delish!
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large green chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage pieces in a 3-qt. dutch oven over medium heat until lightly browned and warmed through. Remove the sausage to a plate and place aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and saute the onion, peppers, and garlic until tender.
- Add the next 7 ingredients and the sausage. Adjust salt to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice; top with shredded cheese.