Recipe by princessmommie
A combination of Kalyn's Kitchen's Spicy Mexican Slaw and few adaptions of mine to eliminate the mayo in the dressing.
Top Review by Debbwl
What a yummy change this coleslaw is. Love that there is no mayo in this slaw. The lime, honey and chipotle make a refreshing dressing for this tasty slaw. Made using bagged cabbage slaw blend which has red cabbage and carrots in it verses chopping up a head of cabbage other then that made as written. Think the suggest of serving immediately is the best one. Will be making this often. Thanks for the post.
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice cabbage. Slice green onions, and wash, dry and chop cilantro. Combine cabbage, green onions and cilantro in large salad bowl.
- Process lime juice through chipotle in adobo sauce, if desired, in a blender until blended.
- Mix dressing into cabbage mixture. Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately, or chill for a few hours.
- This salad will keep well overnight in the refrigerator, but the lime juice will cause the red cabbage to bleed color and turn the salad slightly pink.