Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple cabbage salad that goes well with any summer meal. I typically serve this with pollo asado tacos (see my recipe for Pollo Asado), and it goes especially well with fish tacos. Sometimes, I use it ON my fish tacos! You can adjust the cilantro to your taste, I know I have many friends that say they don't eat it, but love this salad when I cut back on the cilantro a little bit. Also, adjust the amount of lime juice to your taste, as limes vary greatly in their acidity. To make this extra colorful, you can add 1/2 cup of shredded carrot or 1/4 cup of finely diced red bell pepper. Buen provecho!
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, VERY finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large serving bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro and green onion. If using carrot or bell pepper, add it too.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning. If preparing in advance, stop here and refrigerate both bowls until serving time.
- Right before serving, stir the dressing then add it to cabbage mix and toss well to coat. Serve immediately or it will wilt.
Love the fresh flavors! An excellent complement to any Mexican meal (I recommend the red pepper - festive Mexican flag colors).
This was so easy and really good. I will use this often. We had it along with some grilled chicken breasts. Thanks for posting.