Recipe by Jostlori
This is a simple cabbage salad that goes well with any summer meal. I typically serve this with pollo asado tacos (see my recipe for Pollo Asado), and it goes especially well with fish tacos. Sometimes, I use it ON my fish tacos! You can adjust the cilantro to your taste, I know I have many friends that say they don't eat it, but love this salad when I cut back on the cilantro a little bit. Also, adjust the amount of lime juice to your taste, as limes vary greatly in their acidity. To make this extra colorful, you can add 1/2 cup of shredded carrot or 1/4 cup of finely diced red bell pepper. Buen provecho!
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, VERY finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large serving bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro and green onion. If using carrot or bell pepper, add it too.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning. If preparing in advance, stop here and refrigerate both bowls until serving time.
- Right before serving, stir the dressing then add it to cabbage mix and toss well to coat. Serve immediately or it will wilt.