Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tasting, easy to make salad that goes well by itself or on tacos! You can even simplify things even more by buying the bagged, ready to go cole slaw mixes in your grocer's produce dept. Try adding some thinly sliced jicama! Source: Eating Well
- 6 cups green cabbage, sliced very thinly (about 1/2 head)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and grated carrots (2-3 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place cabbage and carrots in a colander; rinse thoroughly with cold water to crisp. Let drain for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add cabbage and carrots; toss well to coat.
Prepared as posted and it was very good. Crisp and fresh. Great on the carnitas we made. Not full of bold flavors but I wanted it for the texture, not to overpower the flavor of the meat.
This was good, but needed a little something. I ended up adding minced jalapeno, a squeeze of lime and a dash of sugar. The ratio of the other ingredients was perfect.Thanks for posting.
A lovely light slaw that went very well with Recipe #136135. The recipe was reduced by half and a couple of bright red radishes shredded with the carrot. I can see me making this again to serve with other Mexican dishes. Made for Smokin Hot in the Diabetic Forum.