Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Posting for ZWT3.
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, celery seed, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Whisk in oil.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine cabbage, onion, green and red peppers, corn, black and green olives, and diced green chilies. Pour on the dressing and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.