Bon Appetit February 2009
Make and share this Mexican Coffee Pudding With Kahlua Whipped Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan.
- Whisk in milk and 1 cup cream.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Divide among 6 small bowls.
- Cover and chill until cold, about 4 hours.
- Whisk 1/4 cup cream and Kahlúa in small bowl until peaks form.
- Spoon atop puddings; sprinkle with cinnamon.
This was so fast to make and I grated chocolate over it so it was pretty to look at too. I used skim milk too. We love any sort of pudding so this was a big hit !!
Mom2Rose,Made this recently.I used some half and half along with 2%milk to make up for not using whole milk,I found the taste very subtle,and not too sweet.Have it in my keeper file to do again.Perhaps I prefer something a littyle sweeter,although this is probably better for you.Don.
These are delicious and so easy to make! Just need to allow for the 4 hours chilling time. This is like old-fashioned (i.e., "real") pudding with a Kahlua twist. Loved it. Thanks, Mom2Rose! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap 42, July 2010.