Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Coffee, cinnamon and chocolate. Enough said!
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Butter an 8" square baking dish and set aside.
- Dissolve the instant espresso powder and cinnamon in 3 teaspoons of hot water. Stir until a paste forms, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, butter and chocolate over a medium heat until it reaches a boil. Do not stir or scrape down sides.
- Lower heat, add a candy thermometer and heat (without stirring) until mixture reaches softball stage (238°F).
- Remove from heat; allow to cool to 110°F, then with a rubber spatula scrape in espresso mixture. In an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat mixture until it loses its gloss and thickens.
- Spread fudge evenly into prepared 8" square pan. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into 12 pieces.
Pretty and yummy!
I prepared the half potiion, topped with sugar pearls, made smaller bites (30 of them) and placed on the table for my family.
It's very easy and can make a wonderful present for your friends.
Thanks a lot for posting for us!
Excellent fudge recipe! We used semi-sweet chocolate morsels and microwaved them (saving pots and calories without the addition of sugar and butter), then added that to the espresso/cinnamon mixture. We placed the bar into the freezer for a quicker set time and now we have to go make more, it's all gone! Thanks Annacia, for another keeper recipe!