Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From: "366 Low Fat Brand Name Recipes", this is a great, spicy and milky coffee drink that is a perfect treat anytime.
- 2 oranges
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 1⁄2 cup good regular grind coffee
- 2 cups skim milk
- Remove rind from one orange.
- Cut the rind into slivers and the remaining orange into 8 slices (reserved for garnish).
- Combine slivered rind, cloves, cinnamon pieces, and coffee in the basket of a coffee maker.
- Add 8 cups of water and brew.
- Meanwhile, heat milk to simmering in a small saucepan.
- Pour into a blender and whirl milk 1 minute until frothy.
- Serve milk from a pitcher with the hot coffee.
- Garnish mugs with orange slices.
Mmmmmmmmmm! It's a beautiful afternoon right now and I'm sitting here, looking out at Mother Nature and feeling special to be a part of it, while I am sipping this beautiful unusual spicy coffee that I have come to instantly love! I did sweeten mine with a little sugar, but I think some might like this as it is. Its very relaxing and got great flavour! Love the balance between the orange-ey flavour that springs forth in this and the spices that are equally powered up to give this a kick of their own! I feel GREAT after having this! Maybe I should go to Mexico for a short holiday;) :) THANK YOU for a great beverage!
Pure pleasure. This is a fresh tasting spiced coffee. I really love the orange. I used full cinnamon stick and wouldn't cut it back though. Made for Comfort Cafe's Snow Queens Round, '10.
An interesting blend of flavors, it wants a bit of sweetener to bring them out.