Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the Southern Living website. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on trying it soon!
- 6 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup tequila (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Stir together first 4 ingredients and, if desired, tequila.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
This was tasty but too sweet for me. I must have done something wrong because when I went to stir in the cinnamon at the very end, the coffee curdled on me. I used pineapple tequila made on the ZWT and it added a real nice twist. Cheers.
This was good. We still prefer the Jamaican version with rum rather than tequila. And with both versions - twice as much coffee liqueur. Cinnamon isn't optional either version. Gotta do it.
That sounds awesome, but I will have to wait till next year to try it as I am pregnant right now. But its saved under my favorites!!:)