Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Again, a nice fresh summer salad for lunch and fat free and low cal. Great for diabetics who think food has to be bland. This also came from the Prevention Outsmart Diabetes book. per sering: 223 cal, 16 g protein, 26 g carbs, 7 g fat, 16 mg chol, 7 g fiber,
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) package corn kernels
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 avocado
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Arrange chopped lettuce on a large platter,.
- Chop all your veggies
- Cook and crumble your turkey bacon.
- Arrange the thawed corn, rinsed beans, chopped tomato, chopped celery and chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, shredded cheese and cooked/crumbled turkey bacon nicely over the lettuce.
- In a blender, combine the avocado, butternilk, line juice and hot pepper sauce. Process until smooth and drizzle over the salad.