Recipe by lynnski / LA
These light cookies go well after a Mexican meal, served with Mexican brewed coffee, or Nescafe's Classico (instant).
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Whip the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar and whip on medium speed until they turn white.
- Slowly add the sugar, whipping constantly, until the whites are stiff and glossy.
- Sift the cocoa powder and cinnamon over the whites and gently fold cocoa, vanilla and pecans into the egg whites.
- Drop about 1 1/2 tablespoons batter on parchment-lined cookie sheets, several inches apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the cookie in for 15 minutes with the door closed.
- cool and store in an airtight container.