Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
These addictive little cookies are a Christmas version of the popular Mexican wedding cookies.
Make and share this Mexican Christmas-Wedding Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla, salt, pistachios, and craisins.
- Remove from mixer and stir in the pastry flour by hand, be careful not to overmix.
- Take tablespoon amount of dough and form it into football shapes, and place them on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie are just beginning to get the slightest bit of color on the bottom; then remove cookies and set on a rack to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, place in a bowl with powdered sugar and toss gently; continue to occasionally toss with sugar while cooling, to get as much sugar as possible to stick to the cookies.
- When cold, store cookies in an airtight container until ready to serve.