Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
These addictive little cookies are a Christmas version of the popular Mexican wedding cookies.
- 1 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting (aka iceing)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pistachio nut, chopped
- 1 cup craisins, chopped (dried cranberries)
- 5 cups pastry flour, sifted
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla, salt, pistachios, and craisins.
- Remove from mixer and stir in the pastry flour by hand, be careful not to overmix.
- Take tablespoon amount of dough and form it into football shapes, and place them on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie are just beginning to get the slightest bit of color on the bottom; then remove cookies and set on a rack to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, place in a bowl with powdered sugar and toss gently; continue to occasionally toss with sugar while cooling, to get as much sugar as possible to stick to the cookies.
- When cold, store cookies in an airtight container until ready to serve.