lynnski / LA's Note:
These addictive little cookies are a Christmas version of the popular Mexican wedding cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat ove to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 2Beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Add vanilla, salt, pistachios, and craisins.
- 4Remove from mixer and stir in the pastry flour by hand, be careful not to overmix.
- 5Take tablespoon amount of dough and form it into football shapes, and place them on a buttered cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie are just beginning to get the slightest bit of color on the bottom; then remove cookies and set on a rack to cool.
- 7When cool enough to touch, place in a bowl with powdered sugar and toss gently; continue to occasionally toss with sugar while cooling, to get as much sugar as possible to stick to the cookies.
- 8When cold, store cookies in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Christmas-Wedding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g