- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb silken tofu
- 1⁄2 lb high-quality bittersweet chocolate or 1⁄2 lb semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Let cool for a few minutes.
- In a blender, combine syrup, tofu, melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and chili powder. Puree until completely smooth (scrape down sides of container with a rubber spatula if necessary).
- Divide into 4-6 serving bowls and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.