Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- In top of double boiler combine all ingredients and cook, stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
- Serve over pound cake or ice cream.
- To store, pour into a jar and cover.
- Sauce keeps in refrigerator up tp 3 months.
- To warm sauce, set jar in pan of hot water over low heat.
I was not a big fan of this sauce. I served it over the Unfried Fried Ice Cream recipe I found on this site, and the sauce hardened when poured over the ice cream. Not at all what I was looking for unfortunately!!
Easy to make. Even easier if you use a microwave. We have a belligerent electric stove so using the micro was much safer and easier.I started by melted the chocolate first until was very soft then I added the remaining ingredients. Microwaved the sauce in 30-40 second increments and stirred after each phase. For the chocolate I used Ibarra brand from Mexico and only used half the amount of sugar. Omitted the kahlua. This we served over the Unfried Fried Ice Cream recipe on this site. To reheat, you microwave the sauce in 1 minute increments until soft and warm. Thanks for an easy recipe. Much cheaper and better tasting to maker your own chocolate sauce.
I made this sauce to serve over cheesecake for Christmas eve. Yummy! Would be great on ice cream or as a fondue also. Thanks for sharing!